Last time, author Junot Diaz kicked off the Twitter event. We'll be grabbing a first line this weekend from one of the KWLS authors.
Here's How It Works:
- At 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 15 we will tweet out the first line of our collective story from @WLRN
- We are asking the community (that’s you) to respond to the line on Twitter according to where you would like the story to go. We will be using the hashtag #KWLS to keep track of the unfolding, crowd-sourced story.
- We will retweet the best second line, then the third, the fourth and so on. This process will be repeated until we reach 6:30 p.m., and hopefully an ending to the story.
- When it's all over, we'll post the story in its entirety here on WLRN.org.
- The contributions should follow a logical path, considering the previous lines and the general direction the story is taking.
- The story is to take place in South Florida.
- Don't overthink it!
Because many literary fans can't make it to the seminar, WLRN has compiled a couple of interactive ways for viewers to get the most out of this weekend's literary experience.
To see how photographer Curt Richter is collaborating with WLRN click here.