I admit I was scared the first time I went to Honduras, which was just last month. All I really knew of the place, aside from a little about the...
The Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables wasn't always a hotel. It was built in 1926 by a young developer named George Merrick, who's known as the founder of...
It’s down to the final days of the 2014 campaign. Governor Rick Scott and former Governor Charlie Crist make last minute pitches as more than one...
Broward County school and union leaders want to make changes to test-based teacher evaluations and the county's high school schedule. Florida law...
Floridians who attend any of the scheduled public forums on a proposed Miami-to-Orlando passenger train will find plenty of people to talk to—but...
The activist group Dream Defenders was founded in Florida two and a half years ago after the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Sanford. The group...
Latest from NPR
On Eve Of Promotion, NYPD's Top Uniformed Official Resigns
A 19th-Century Novel Explains Quantitative Easing
'Frozen' Characters Holding Strong For Costume Of The Year
- 'Anything That Connects': A Conversation With Taylor Swift Taylor Swift has had one amazing week. Her new album, released Monday, is on track to eclipse 1 million sales by Tuesday. The last artist to go...
- With Mexican Students Misssing, A Festive Holiday Turns Somber Mexican families are celebrating the Day of the Dead this weekend, a festive holiday, where relatives remember deceased loved ones with grand,...
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
The End of the Road Headlines
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Andres Oppenheimer: Brazilian election could help end country’s ‘paralysis’
- Coast Guard seizes $23 million worth of cocaine
- Feds say ‘nurseries’ could save Government Cut coral
- Toxic soil forces closure of athletic fields at Colonial Drive Park
- Iraq war veteran sues Gov. Rick Scott, state of Florida over loss of job