Miami-Dade County's sex offender residency restrictions — some of the tightest in the country — drew national attention a few years ago when an...
Most Active Stories
Roman Catholic Mass was at one time universally celebrated in Latin, the ancient Roman language. After the second Vatican Council in the 1960s, Mass...
Venezuela’s economic woes just won’t quit. Its currency recently hit an all-time low with black market traders. Now the South American country has...
Miami Theatre Center creates, develops and produces programming for audiences of all ages and abilities. For staff member Judy Litt, it's a labor...
Under the stained glass of the Jewel Box building at the YoungArts Plaza, the National YoungArts foundation will hold its first "Outside The Box"...
Ahead of the midterm elections, Michel Martin is visiting Charlotte, N.C., to learn more about Latino voters' growing influence in the state. Join...
Latest from NPR
- Mali's First Ebola Case In Current Outbreak Is 2-Year-Old Girl Mali has become the sixth country in West Africa to confirm a case of Ebola, after a two-year-old girl who arrived from neighboring Guinea tested...
- A Wisecracking Biochemist Shares Her Kitchen ABCs Biochemists aren't really known for their sense of humor. But we recently met one who was warm, inviting and downright hilarious. "When chemists...
- A Black Cosmetic Company Sells, Or Sells Out?
- Man With Hatchet Shot Dead After Attacking NYPD Officers A hatchet-wielding man has been shot and killed by police after he attacked a group of patrol officers, wounding two on a busy street in Queens,...
Halloween Twitter War Pits Conan O'Brien Against Madeleine Albright
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
The End of the Road Headlines
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Andres Oppenheimer: Brazilian election could help end country’s ‘paralysis’
- Coast Guard seizes $23 million worth of cocaine
- Feds say ‘nurseries’ could save Government Cut coral
- Toxic soil forces closure of athletic fields at Colonial Drive Park
- Iraq war veteran sues Gov. Rick Scott, state of Florida over loss of job