To get a student loan at Broward College, you’ve got to sit through a two-hour financial lesson with Kent Dunston first. At times, it’s a little...
Most Active Stories
- Broward Shudders As Giant African Snails Cross Border From Miami-Dade
- A Breast Implant Shortage In Venezuela Might Save Us A Miss Universe Headache In Miami
- How South Florida Modeling Agencies Could Help Stamp Out Human Trafficking
- New Bright Futures Rules Changing College Plans For Florida Students
- Could Your Sunscreen Be Harming Ocean Life?
Click below to listen to the second part of our report on the Florida East Coast Railway police department. In this WLRN-Miami Herald investigation, we...
An internal FDOT report shows more and more drivers are plowing past bright yellow “closed” signs and getting into 95 Express when the lanes are...
In May 2013, Mt. Sinai Medical Center CEO Steve Sonenreich promised on WLRN's Sunshine Economy to make public the contracted reimbursement rates...
Scientists say much of Florida will be underwater within a century if nothing is done about climate change. Now, a wooden ark is taking that...
The Miami-Dade County commission voted eight-to-four to approve a $54 million budget for the county's public libraries Thursday night. Terry Murphy...
Latest from NPR
- A Poet Parses The Legacy Of War In 'My Life As A Foreign Country' War is in Brian Turner's blood. His father served during the Cold War, his uncle fought in Vietnam, his grandfather fought in World War II and his...
- It May Be 'Perfectly Normal,' But It's Also Frequently Banned Banned Books Week kicks off Sunday: Each year, the American Library Association takes this week to sponsor events all over the country to talk...
Turkey Sees Influx Of Refugees Fleeing ISIS
Libya Still Hampered By Violence And Political Unrest
- Snowden Reveal Makes Israeli Spies' Protest An American Issue Last Friday, 43 veteran and reserve members of Israel's secretive spy organization, Unit 8200, claimed they'd been directed to spy on Palestinians...
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
The End of the Road Headlines
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Andres Oppenheimer: Brazilian election could help end country’s ‘paralysis’
- Coast Guard seizes $23 million worth of cocaine
- Feds say ‘nurseries’ could save Government Cut coral
- Toxic soil forces closure of athletic fields at Colonial Drive Park
- Iraq war veteran sues Gov. Rick Scott, state of Florida over loss of job