Lots of people think there’s too much testing going on in schools right now. It’s one of the most contentious issues in education. Lawmakers want...
Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- The Debate Over Richmond Pine Rockland
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
- It's all clear on Foyle's War. Or is it? Watch at it's new time 9 pm on WLRN-TV.
About a week after news broke that North Miami Beach police officers were using mugshots of black men for target practice, the city’s police chief J....
This past weekend, the top U.S. negotiator in the talks to normalize relations with communist Cuba stopped in Miami on her way back from Havana....
Florida Keys Community College, the state’s southernmost institution of higher education, has recently formed a new partnership with Mote Marine...
Gary Beach is known for his hilarious - and often outrageous - characters on stage and screen, from "The Producers" to "Spamalot" to "La Cage Aux...
Recently, the Knight Foundation released the finalists for its first Knight Cities Challenge. The foundation was looking for proposals to make more...
Latest from NPR
- DNA Blood Test Gives Women A New Option For Prenatal Screening When Amy Seitz got pregnant with her second child last year, she knew that being 35 years old meant there was an increased chance of chromosomal...
- Rising Football Star: Prepare For The Worst, Pray For The Best As the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots prepare to face off at the Super Bowl on Sunday, a scandal about under-inflated balls is still...
Putting #Deflategate To The Test
- Black Doll Show Inspires With Wakandan Heroes And Jazz Superstars At The William Grant Still Arts Center in the West Adams neighborhood in Los Angeles, jazz superstars and comic book superheroes are gathered...
Rising Oceans A Slow-Moving Disaster, But Also A Business Opportunity
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
The End of the Road Headlines
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Gwen Cherry Bulls, Tamiami Colts win Pop Warner football national titles
- Fred Grimm: In Florida, candor has a very short shelf life
- Woman killed in one-car crash in the Keys
- Before sea level rises, Miami Beach officials want to raise West Avenue 1½ to 2 feet
- Coral Gables’ Giralda Under the Stars to offer outdoor dining for Valentine’s Day