There's a new push to legalize medical marijuana in Florida, and a Republican lawmaker is leading the charge.Though a constitutional amendment to...
Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- The Debate Over Richmond Pine Rockland
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
- It's all clear on Foyle's War. Or is it? Watch at it's new time 9 pm on WLRN-TV.
Forget for a second that you live in the United States, that you know its laws, know English, know what a Social Security number is, let alone worrying...
Neither Barack Obama nor Vladimir Putin showed up today at the solemn events marking the 70th anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi...
Watchdog groups want an outside investigation into the apparent ousting of well respected Florida Department of Law Enforcement Commissioner Gerald...
Two University of Florida researchers say Florida should join other states that have outlawed corporal punishment to discipline students. Florida...
This past weekend, the top U.S. negotiator in the talks to normalize relations with communist Cuba stopped in Miami on her way back from Havana....
Latest from NPR
At The BBC, The Beatles Shocked An Institution
- Obama Meets New Saudi King, Balancing Human Rights, U.S. Interests President Obama arrived in Saudi Arabia today to meet new King Salman and said in an interview the U.S. needs to balance its concerns about Saudi...
Number Of Exonerations Last Year Reached New Highs, Report Finds
- Beef Packers Block Plan To Revive Growth-Promoting Drug For more than a year, a once-popular drug that makes cattle put on weight faster has been stuck in a kind of veterinary purgatory. As far as the...
- A Teacher's 'Pinch Me' Moment: Cheering The Super Bowl From The Sidelines The NPR Ed team is discovering what teachers do when they're not teaching. Cartoonist? Carpenter? Dolphin trainer? Explore our Secret Lives of...
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
The End of the Road Headlines
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Man in wheelchair killed by truck in Miami
- Fred Grimm: In Florida, candor has a very short shelf life
- Key West food runner accused of urinating on waitress from bar balcony
- Miami Beach City Commission to discuss bids for convention center renovation, hotel
- Skinner auctions to appraise jewelry, art, antiques free of charge at Coral Gables Museum