Most Active Stories
- Here Is What It Looks Like When Traffic Engineers Design Highway Signs
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
Thu June 13, 2013
Ponce de Leon’s 500th Florida Anniversary
06/13/13 - Thursday's Topical Currents begins with info about the “Viva Florida 500” program. It commemorates the arrival of Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon in 1513. We speak with Michele Williams, Director, Southeast Region, Florida Public Archaeology Network at FAU; and Melissa Memory, Chief of Cultural Resources, Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Parks.
And more . . . Sunday is Father’s Day, and Linda Gassenheimer explores what’s involved in grilling Dad’s perfect steak. Also, wine columnist Fred Tasker’s tips . . . plus a sampling of delectable “Everglades” tomatoes. That’s Topical Currents . . . at 1pm on WLRN-HD1 rebroadcast at 7pm on WLRN-HD2 and audio on-demand after the live program.
Food and Dining