Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
Thu June 13, 2013
Ponce de Leon’s 500th Florida Anniversary
06/13/13 - Thursday's Topical Currents begins with info about the “Viva Florida 500” program. It commemorates the arrival of Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon in 1513. We speak with Michele Williams, Director, Southeast Region, Florida Public Archaeology Network at FAU; and Melissa Memory, Chief of Cultural Resources, Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Parks.
And more . . . Sunday is Father’s Day, and Linda Gassenheimer explores what’s involved in grilling Dad’s perfect steak. Also, wine columnist Fred Tasker’s tips . . . plus a sampling of delectable “Everglades” tomatoes. That’s Topical Currents . . . at 1pm on WLRN-HD1 rebroadcast at 7pm on WLRN-HD2 and audio on-demand after the live program.
Food and Dining