Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Thu June 13, 2013
Ponce de Leon’s 500th Florida Anniversary
06/13/13 - Thursday's Topical Currents begins with info about the “Viva Florida 500” program. It commemorates the arrival of Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon in 1513. We speak with Michele Williams, Director, Southeast Region, Florida Public Archaeology Network at FAU; and Melissa Memory, Chief of Cultural Resources, Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Parks.
And more . . . Sunday is Father’s Day, and Linda Gassenheimer explores what’s involved in grilling Dad’s perfect steak. Also, wine columnist Fred Tasker’s tips . . . plus a sampling of delectable “Everglades” tomatoes. That’s Topical Currents . . . at 1pm on WLRN-HD1 rebroadcast at 7pm on WLRN-HD2 and audio on-demand after the live program.
Food and Dining