Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
Most of the conversation about Art Basel focuses on outrageous price tags, celebrity art buyers and the extravagant parties. But art is for everyone, and everyone has created art -- and arguably still does.
To highlight the accessibility of art -- that it’s not strictly the purview of people who use only words that end in -ism or write checks with multiple zeros -- WLRN-Miami Herald News invites you to share your thoughts on #WhatIsArt?
We have two questions, one big and one small:
- What was the first creative thing you remember doing? Ask your friends this too. The answers will surprise you.
- What is art? In other words, how do you know whether you’re looking at or experiencing art instead of something else?
Send us your thoughts over Twitter or Instagram at @WLRN with the hashtag #WhatIsArt. We’ll be sharing some of your responses on our website. And go interact with art!