Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Opting Out Of Testing Would Come At A Cost For Florida School Districts
- Saving El Salvador: Why The Vatican Needs To Make Archbishop Romero A Saint
- Inside The Oldest Store In The Everglades And Why It Depends On One Road
- Why SkyRise Miami Depends On Voters And Visitors' Pockets
- Why Zoo Miami Kept Donors Of Millions Secret
Brazilian investors buy Miami real estate. Haitian earthquake survivors attend South Florida schools. It's clear what happens in Latin America and the Caribbean has a profound effect on South Florida.
WLRN’s coverage of the region is headed by Americas editor Tim Padgett, a 23-year veteran of TIME and Newsweek magazines.
He joins a team of reporters and editors at the Miami Herald, El Nuevo Herald and NPR to cover a region whose cultural wealth, environmental complexity, vast agricultural output and massive oil reserves offer no shortage of important and fascinating stories to tell.
Tim Padgett produces the weekly Latin America Report, made possible by Espírito Santo Bank.