Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Why More Than 300 People Have Been Arrested At This One Miami Intersection
- October King Tide Brings Trove Of Data For Sea-Level Threat In Miami Beach
- Miami-Dade Teachers Fight For Right To Pump Breast Milk
- For Whom The Air Cools: Ernest Hemingway's Key West Home To Get AC
- More English, More Money? Maybe Not In Miami
Brazilian investors buy Miami real estate. Haitian earthquake survivors attend South Florida schools. It's clear what happens in Latin America and the Caribbean has a profound effect on South Florida.
WLRN’s coverage of the region is headed by Americas editor Tim Padgett, a 23-year veteran of TIME and Newsweek magazines.
He joins a team of reporters and editors at the Miami Herald, El Nuevo Herald and NPR to cover a region whose cultural wealth, environmental complexity, vast agricultural output and massive oil reserves offer no shortage of important and fascinating stories to tell.
Tim Padgett produces the weekly Latin America Report, made possible by Espírito Santo Bank.