Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
Miami-Dade County Public Schools presents Radyo Lekol, a 25-minute educational news program in Haitian Creole, Monday through Friday at 9:05 p.m. on WLRN 91.3 FM.
Radyo Lekol enhances communication with non-English-speaking Haitians in the community. Radio is the most effective means to reach the Haitian community. Through radio, parents and community members are encouraged to get involved in the school system. They receive information regarding services available, and announcements and promotions of new programs to enhance students' education. On Fridays, the program is hosted by Mr. Jan Mapou, a community member who presents Haitian culture, traditions, music, folklores and the Creole language.
For more information, call Office of Public Relations, Haitian Affairs, Carline Faustin, Director/Host, at 305-995-1188 or Simone Degraff, Media Specialist/Host, at 305-995-4247.
Hosts/Producers: Carline Faustine, Simone Degraff, Jan Mapou, Cherol Marcelin