Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Is What It Looks Like When Traffic Engineers Design Highway Signs
- How A Doral Woman Became A Victim Of Anti-Chavista Witch Hunts
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- This Floridian Life: Ira Glass On Our Weird Stories
Miami-Dade County Public Schools presents Radyo Lekol, a 25-minute educational news program in Haitian Creole, Monday through Friday at 9:05 p.m. on WLRN 91.3 FM.
Radyo Lekol enhances communication with non-English-speaking Haitians in the community. Radio is the most effective means to reach the Haitian community. Through radio, parents and community members are encouraged to get involved in the school system. They receive information regarding services available, and announcements and promotions of new programs to enhance students' education. On Fridays, the program is hosted by Mr. Jan Mapou, a community member who presents Haitian culture, traditions, music, folklores and the Creole language.
For more information, call Office of Public Relations, Haitian Affairs, Carline Faustin, Director/Host, at 305-995-1188 or Simone Degraff, Media Specialist/Host, at 305-995-4247.
Hosts/Producers: Carline Faustine, Simone Degraff, Jan Mapou, Cherol Marcelin