Most Active Stories
- Clergy Members To North Miami Beach Police: "Use Me Instead" For Target Practice
- The Debate Over Richmond Pine Rockland
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- Essential Tips and Shortcuts for Simplifying the Technology In Your Life
- It's all clear on Foyle's War. Or is it? Watch at it's new time 9 pm on WLRN-TV.
Wed April 2, 2014
Why Police Support Common Core Standards In Florida
National anti-crime group Fight Crime: Invest in Kids released a position paper last week in favor of Florida’s new standards for English language arts and math. The group argues assessments and higher standards can prevent crime.
Here’s the paper’s summary of the connection:
“Florida’s law enforcement leaders see the Florida standards as integral to the effort to ensure that all students are college- and career-ready, and essential if we are going to successfully prevent future crime. What works to help all our young people be employable and succeed will also work to bring down crime. That is why we in law enforcement support the Florida Standards and aligned assessments.”
You can hear more from the organization and law enforcement here: