Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
Wed February 19, 2014
Why 50 Million Americans Can’t Hear You
02/19/14 - Wednesday's Topical Currents examines an increase in hearing problems . . . particularly in those under the age of 55. Hearing loss is usually associated with the elderly, but statistics show an increasing number of young people put themselves at risk with overloud music, sports arenas, even sports bars and subways. We’ll speak with journalist and editor Katherine Bouton, author SHOUTING WON’T HELP: Why I – and 50-Million Other Americans Can’t Hear You. That’s Topical Currents . . . Wednesday at 1pm.
- The Center for Hearing and Communication Florida http://www.chchearing.org/
2900 West Cypress Creek Road
(Private entrance/parking in rear of building)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Hearing Loss Association of America: www.hearingloss.org
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/
Food and Dining