Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Wed November 14, 2012
What Goes On Behind The Scenes During Art Basel Miami Beach
A new documentary filmed during last year's Art Basel Miami Beach features seven young artists who live and work in Miami.
It's called Rising Tide: A Story of Miami Artists, andn it's the work of Andrew Hevia, 28, a graduate of New World School of the Arts.
Hevia produced, directed and edited the documentary which is a production of WLRN and made possible in part by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Along with the artists, the film also features gallery owner Brook Dorsch.
"One of the things that I think is really interesting about Art Basel is that when it comes, there's a lot of attention about artists and about Miami, but very rarely about Miami artists," Hevia says.
Rising Tide: A Story of Miami Artists airs Wednesday at 8:00 PM on WLRN-TV Channel 17.
Miami Book Fair International