Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Airs Tuesday July 15th at 9 pm
Mon July 14, 2014
Weird Florida just got weirder! Travel off the beaten path on WLRN-TV.
Weird Florida: On the Road Again (9:00 pm) A WLRN Original Production
IT'S WEIRD AND IT'S BACK! Join Florida's Master of the Weird, Charlie Carlson and his new canine companion, Lady Isabel as they travel off the beaten paths in search of more weirdness.
The duo set off to travel over 1500 miles across the Sunshine State in search of some very unusual people and places, only to discover Florida’s best-kept secrets and oddest legends.
A variety of destinations are explored, including forty feet beneath Biscayne Bay to visit the dearly departed, an island near Palm Beach that for decades harbored a strange government secret and the mysterious coquina ruins located in New Smyrna Beach.
Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence (10:00 pm)
Highlights of the annual Ferret Buckeye Bash in Columbus, Ohio, as breeders and owners vie for prizes and bragging rights. The playful critters are judged on various traits, including temperament, bone structure and muscle mass.