Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Fri August 9, 2013
Verdict Today? Wait Continues At Trial Of 'Whitey' Bulger
Originally published on Fri August 9, 2013 9:28 am
It's Day 4 of jury deliberations in the trial of James "Whitey" Bulger, the now-83-year-old Boston gangster who is accused of 19 murders and racketeering.
Bulger's lawyers, writes the Boston Herald, have "heaped high praise on the weary jurors ... while families of the gangster's alleged victims [try] to push fears of a mistrial out of their heads."
We'll continue to watch for news of a verdict. Our colleagues at both WGBH and WBUR, meanwhile, are live blogging. WGBH's Adam Reilly tweets from the court this morning that it "may be my imagination, but it looked like several #bulger jurors had slight smiles on their faces as they filed in just now. Meaning...?"
The jury has not been sequestered — meaning its members are free to go home each night.