Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
Under the Sun
Mon June 1, 2009
Under The Sun Receives Humanities Grant Award For Episode 3 (Updated)
Under the Sun is pleased to announce that we won a grant to produce an episode about all things literary in South Florida. This third episode aired on Saturday, June 27 at noon on WLRN 91.3 FM and WKWM 91.5 FM. We are excited to bring you this program about writing and the arts throughout our communities.
The grant was awarded by the Florida Humanities Council (FHC), the state affiliate for the National Endowment for the Humanities. FHC is an independent, nonprofit organization that funds public programs throughout the state of Florida.
FHC-funded programs explore Florida’s history, folklore, environment, literature, music and art. Libraries, civic groups, universities, colleges, museums, historical societies and theaters have received grants to sponsor humanities programs. All programs are free and open to the public.
For information about applying for humanities grants, contact Susan Lockwood, Grants Director, Florida Humanities Council, 599 2nd Street S., St. Petersburg, FL 33701 or log onto www.flahum.org.