Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Airs on WLRN Channel 17- Monday, May 20, 9 p.m.
Fri May 17, 2013
The Truth About Lions- The End Of The Road
The lion’s nature makes it both complicated and fascinating. Lion expert and BBC Big Cat presenter Jonathan Scott has lived in Kenya, East Africa , and watched the most famous lion pride in the world, the Marsh Pride, for more than 30 years. With the help of the latest lion research from Professor Craig Packer and team at the Serengiti Lion Project, Jonathan takes a fresh look at the lions he knows so well.
Jonathan Scott reveals why male lions have a mane and why murderous stepfathers are an important part of lion family life, and discovers why being social brings unique challenges for the survival of the species as a whole. Living in prides once helped the lion to be the most widespread lion mammal on earth after humans, but now could be the downfall of the species as it is increasingly restricted to small parts of Africa.