Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Mon March 18, 2013
There's Just One More Harlem Shake Video You Need To See
We've all seen the Harlem Shake videos on YouTube: the Miami Heat Harlem Shake, the underwater diving team Harlem Shake, the Florida Senate pages' Harlem Shake. It was hilarious for a while, until it wasn't anymore.
But there is one that still has me laughing - the Harlem Shake "Tree Version."
We see a lonely palm tree, high up in a cloudy sky, minding its own business.
What can this possibly become after the breakdown?
Ten palm trees moshing in what appear to be hurricane-force winds, obviously!
The video's poster, Andrew Samole, upstaged all the people who took an hour or more out of their day to create their own Harlem Shake. Miami's palm trees have been rocking out for years and this sums up their journey through the months of June and November pretty well.