Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- Latest Univision Race Gaffe Shows Culture Gap
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Miami-Dade Commission Votes Overwhelmingly In Favor Of Mega-Mall
- MAP: Miami Roads Closed For Formula E Race This Weekend
Thu July 10, 2014
Supreme Court Decision Does Not Slow Down Hobby Lobby's Move Into South Florida
It's business as usual for a national craft and hobby store at the center of a national debate over birth control and religious freedom.
Opponents of the the decision have protested at some of the chain's 600 locations nationwide.
But the decision has not stopped the chain's move into South Florida, the Sun-Sentinel reports.
Hobby Lobby plans to open at least four South Florida locations in addition to a store in Davie, which has been open since April.
Planned Parenthood of South Florida and the Treasure Coast told the Sun-Sentinel that they are worried about the employees who will lose access to birth control. However, they have no plans to protest outside the South Florida Hobby Lobby stores.