Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Mon December 24, 2012
Sleigh Bells Ring, Houses Bling: Gallery of Well-Decorated South Florida Homes
There are many ways to describe South Florida; subtle is not among them.
A few days after the well-decorated (and well-lit) parade of boats known as Winterfest passed through Fort Lauderdale's stretch of the Intracoastal Waterway, our news director, Dan Grech, took a boat tour along part of the parade route.
"I do find it odd," said Dan, a Pennsylvania native, "boating through the canals of Broward County, in December, looking at reindeer and snow-frosted Christmas tree decorations."
Dan sent us photos of a few of his favorite decorations (see gallery above). If you or your neighbor has a particularly well-decorated home, send us a photo. You can tweet it at us @WLRN or post it to our WLRN Facebook page.