Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
All Aboard Florida
Mon May 12, 2014
Railroad Project Connecting Miami To Orlando Sparks Debate
On Tuesday, Miami-Dade and Florida transportation officials will gather at the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce to discuss a huge railroad project.
All Aboard Florida's $1.5 billion project that would connect Miami to the Orlando is spurring debate.
All Aboard Florida, a subsidiary of Florida East Coast Industries, would be a privately run commuter railroad along Henry Flagler’s tracks in South Florida.
The services would include stops in downtown Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and the Orlando Airport.
But critics say the increased train activity would tie up intersections and increase noise around communities.
Hear the full story:
The End of the Road