Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- The Debate Over Richmond Pine Rockland
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
- It's all clear on Foyle's War. Or is it? Watch at it's new time 9 pm on WLRN-TV.
Mon July 30, 2012
The People’s Guide To The Federal Budget
07/30/12 - Monday’s Topical Currents is “Federal Budget, 101.” We’ll speak with Mattea Kramer, senior research analyst of the National Priorities Project, and author of THE PEOPLE’S GUIDE TO THE FEDERAL BUDGET. Most Americans shun even trying to comprehend where or how our federal dollars are spent. Complex barriers have prevented us from having any influence over budget creation or oversight. The 2013 budget will near some four-trillion dollars . . . and how it’s allocated will be a factor in November’s election. Learn more on Topical Currents . . . Monday 1pm on 91.3 WLRN-HD1 rebroadcast at 7pm on WLRN-HD2.