Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Wed September 11, 2013
The Path to a Better Way of Death
09/11/13 - Wednesday's Topical Currents ponders the overuse of life-prolonging medical care, with journalist Katy Butler (Knocking on Heaven’s Door: The Path to a Better Way of Death). There are some 6-million Americans over the age of 85. They’re now the nation’s fastest growing age group. The vast majority hope to die at home, but 44% die in hospitals, a fifth of those in intensive care. Butler says many sick people are overwhelmed by efforts to prolong life and some choose to meet death the old-fashioned way: head on. That’s Topical Currents Wednesday at 1pm.