Most Active Stories
- Florida Teachers Consider 'Civil Disobedience' To Say No To Testing
- To Make High Schoolers Want To Read, Miami Teacher Makes It A Competition
- Miles Off Key West Roams The Loneliest American Crocodile
- With Ancient Language, Catholic Mass Draws Young Parishioners
- The Sally J. Freedman Reality Tour With Judy Blume
Fri October 5, 2012
Out of Darkness, Into Light
Out of Darkness, Into Light is a half hour documentary which delves into the lives of three adult survivors of child sexual abuse, who through their own personal experiences, are committed to helping others affected by this unthinkable crime.
Statistics show that ninety percent of child victims know their offender, with almost half of the offenders being a family member.
With this knowledge, it is believed through education and awareness child sexual abuse can be prevented.
This Emmy award winning documentary is available for screening to small groups through our WLRN Speakers Series. WLRN producers are available to answer questions and share their insights about the program. When available, featured guests may be invited to share their comments and engage the community in conversation about this otherwise silent topic.
To host a WLRN Speakers Series screening, contact WLRN TV Station Manager Bernadette Siy at
(305) 995-2187 or the Producer Mia Laurenzo at 305-995-2224.
National Child Abuse Hotlines
1 (800) 962-2873
Child Help USA
National Child Abuse Hotline: 1.800.4.A.CHILD (1 (800) 422-4453)
1 in 6
Helps men who have had abusive sexual experiences in childhood live healthier, happier lives
Local Help Lines
Sexual Assault Treatment Center
24 hour Crisis Line Broward County
24 hour Crisis Line Palm Beach
866-355-1772 TTY 561-355-1772
Crisis Treatment – Dade County
Family Resource Center of South Florida
Child welfare services to prevent and treat child abuse