Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Thu March 13, 2014
North Miami's MOCA Possibly Merging With Bass Museum
Fans of the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami might soon need to cross the bay to their get art fix.
In a city council meeting Tuesday, North Miami Mayor Lucie Tondreau said she met with museum board members and learned of their plans to move MOCA's collections and operations to the Bass Museum in Miami Beach.
Both museums have not formally stated a plan to merge but officials have mentioned they are both in on-going conversations.
At the same council meeting, six former mayors gathered alongside Tondreau and said they wouldn’t give up MOCA without a fight.
Read the full story over at the Miami Herald.
Would you like to the MOCA art on the beach? Tell us below in the comments.