Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Tue October 8, 2013
North Miami Beach Supports Voting Rights for Felons
Florida has some of the strictest laws concerning a felon’s right to vote. They must apply for executive clemency after a five- or seven-year waiting period. And that’s only if they are deemed eligible.
In an historic gesture, North Miami Beach passed a resolution recently to restore voting rights for felons.
Reporter Patricia Sagastume was at that meeting.
Click Here To Read The Print Version Of This Post