Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Listen To WLRN Miami Herald News
Wed December 19, 2012
NEWSCAST: Florida Lawmaker Walks Back Suggestion To Arm Teachers
The shootings in Connecticut have sparked many debates in Florida about gun control.
Meanwhile, one state leader is stepping back from comments about guns in schools.
State House Judiciary Chairman Dennis Baxley of Ocala told the Associated Press Monday gun-free zones like schools are targets for deranged people and it might be wise for teachers and principals to carry guns.
Hear what he's saying now in WLRN Miami Herald News: