Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Wed November 20, 2013
Monty Python To Reunite For Stage Show
Originally published on Wed November 20, 2013 7:34 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The rumors are true. Terry Jones confirmed to the BBC that Monty Python will reunite for a stage show. It's been more than three decades since the last proper Python project. The group is beloved on both sides of the Atlantic for its surreal sense of humor, with a touch of slapstick.
(SOUNDBITE OF FILM, "MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL")
GRAHAM CHAPMAN: (as King Arthur) Now, stand aside, worthy adversary.
JOHN CLEESE: (as the Black Knight) 'Tis but a scratch.
CHAPMAN: (as King Arthur) A scratch? Your arm's off.
CLEESE: (as the Black Knight) No, it isn't.
MONTAGNE: Ha! It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.