Most Active Stories
- The Words Invented By South Florida's I-95 Drivers
- Satanic Temple's Display At Florida Capitol Gets Approved
- Blazing The Waze: FDOT Is The Traffic App’s First U.S. Partner
- Broward County's Watery Relationship With The Everglades Over A Century
- Anti-Testing Groups Help Students Opt Out Of Standardized Assessments
100 Years of Tobacco Road
Mon December 31, 2012
Miami's Oldest Bar Turns 100
Editor's note: We've been re-airing some of our favorite stories of 2012. This one is from November.
In my 22 years living in South Florida, if there's one establishment I can't enough of--it's Tobacco Road.
Miami's oldest bar celebrates 100 years of booze and blues with a mega-concert this weekend (Saturday, Nov. 17). In tribute, I recently visited "The Road" to talk about its place in South's Florida's history, with the people who run it, its most noticeable musician, and the man behind the bar--all of whom have been Tobacco Road caretakers for over 30 years.
Listen to an audio postcard:
Snow In Miami