Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
100 Years of Tobacco Road
Mon December 31, 2012
Miami's Oldest Bar Turns 100
Editor's note: We've been re-airing some of our favorite stories of 2012. This one is from November.
In my 22 years living in South Florida, if there's one establishment I can't enough of--it's Tobacco Road.
Miami's oldest bar celebrates 100 years of booze and blues with a mega-concert this weekend (Saturday, Nov. 17). In tribute, I recently visited "The Road" to talk about its place in South's Florida's history, with the people who run it, its most noticeable musician, and the man behind the bar--all of whom have been Tobacco Road caretakers for over 30 years.
Listen to an audio postcard:
Snow In Miami