Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- Latest Univision Race Gaffe Shows Culture Gap
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Miami-Dade Commission Votes Overwhelmingly In Favor Of Mega-Mall
- MAP: Miami Roads Closed For Formula E Race This Weekend
The Florida Roundup
Fri July 5, 2013
Miami, Soon The American Atlantis?
On The Florida Roundup, we focus on the impacts of sea-level rise on our very vulnerable region.
Rolling Stone magazine says Miami - and much of South Florida - is doomed to drown. You wouldn’t know it based on what you hear from state leaders. While county and local officials say they are working on solutions, are they pursuing the right ones?
Restoring the Everglades could help prevent salt-water intrusion, which sea-level rise exacerbates. Legislation passed this year sets standards for the run-off flowing into the Everglades, but it doesn’t increase one of the most important necessities for that ecosystem - water.
What about in your neighborhood? Tell us below what evidence you’ve seen of climate change in your area.