Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Under the Sun
Wed January 25, 2012
Terence Cantarella takes in a stray and battered dog–a pit bull. It’s illegal to have a pit bull in Miami-Dade. He tries to find a way to get rid of the dog that sits well with his conscience. It doesn’t quite work out and the dog ends up living it's last hours at the Broward Humane society before he is put down.
The pit bull ban in Miami-Dade may be reversed. The Florida Legislature is discussing bills during their 2012 session that may veto any laws outlawing a specific breed of dog.
This is Terence Cantarella’s second personal essay for Under the Sun. His first story was "Rosa's Corner" which he performed at our live Lip Service show.
The songs in this piece are by “Waterfall” by Raffa & Rainer and “You Give me Problems about my Business” by Gainesville’s The Mercury Program.