Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- New Reversible Lanes In Broward Are A First In South Florida
- This Is What It Sounds Like When You Put Miami Babies On A Pile Of Snow
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
Tue October 22, 2013
Miami Hurricanes To Lose Scholarships But Avert Bowl Ban
The NCAA delivered what appears to be a gift to the University of Miami on Tuesday in the case involving rogue booster and convicted Ponzi-schemer Nevin Shapiro.
The Hurricanes football program will lose nine scholarships over a three-year probationary period (2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17) and will not be penalized another postseason ban. UM basketball will lose three scholarships, one each for the next three years.
Former UM and current University of Missouri basketball coach Frank Haith was suspended for the first five games of the 2013-14 season. He also must attend an NCAA Regional Rules seminar at the end of the 2013-14 academic year.
Former UM football assistants Clint Hurtt and Aubrey Hill and former basketball assistant Jorge Fernandez each received a two-year show cause order in effect from Tuesday through Oct. 21, 2015 – meaning they are effectively banned from coaching in college for two years. Hurtt, a current assistant at Louisville, was also penalized by his university, the NCAA said.
Click Here To Read The Entire Post
University of Miami Basketball