Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
Wed January 29, 2014
MIAMI HERALD: Taxi Tech Upgrades Coming To Miami-Dade County
Old technology — but new to many Miami-Dade County taxis — is coming to local cabs.
An overwhelming majority of county commissioners signed off Tuesday on sweeping legislation requiring all cabs to take credit cards and install SunPass transponders, GPS devices and digital security cameras.
Drivers will have six months to install SunPass. Credit-card machines will be required in two years. GPS and backseat security cameras will be required in 30 months.
New taxi vehicles will have to be no more than three years old and will have to be replaced by the time they’re six years old.
To read the full story, go to MiamiHerald.com.
Perez Art Museum