Most Active Stories
- Opting Out Of Testing Would Come At A Cost For Florida School Districts
- Inside The Oldest Store In The Everglades And Why It Depends On One Road
- Why SkyRise Miami Depends On Voters And Visitors' Pockets
- Argentina's New Debt Drama: A Boost For South Florida Condo Sales?
- Miami Police Union Supports Officer In Ferguson Shooting
Wed December 18, 2013
MIAMI HERALD: Miami Beach Church Seeks Financial Salvation
In dire financial straits, the church that has stood on the corner of Lincoln Road and Drexel Avenue for almost a century is considering leasing out a chunk of its historic property for $100 million.
Early plans call for Tristar Capital to build a multistory building on the Miami Beach Community Church’s small courtyard fronting the Lincoln Road Mall.
As a historic property in a historic district, it could be difficult to get city approval for development on the site. As a congregational church, its members also have to approve the deal.
Read the full story at MiamiHerald.com.
If I Were Mayor
This Is Miami