Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
The Florida Roundup
Fri January 31, 2014
Medical Marijuana Question Goes To Florida Voters This November
On The Florida Roundup: The Florida State Supreme Court allows a proposal to legalize medical marijuana to appear on the November ballot. We’ll see how that could affect the governor’s race.
Governor Rick Scott has a $72.4 billion dollar spending plan for the state: the biggest cut was to the state agency that runs the Medicaid program because the state won’t be receiving federal money under the Affordable Care Act. What will that mean for the approximately 3 million Medicaid recipients in Florida?
And President Obama reaffirmed his support for immigration reform - but without many specifics.
Join host Tom Hudson as he speaks with journalists Glenn Garvin of the Miami Herald, Margie Menzel of the News Service of Florida, and Sammy Mack, Wilson Sayre and Alicia Zuckerman of WLRN-Miami Herald News. And tell us what you think by sharing your thoughts below.
State of South Florida