Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Wed July 31, 2013
Join WLRN For A Night Of South Florida Trivia
We want to see who is the most knowledgeable local out there! The questions will be about South Florida history and pop culture. Here are some examples (for the answers, please scroll to the bottom):
1. What TV show set in Miami was a break-out hit for actor Edward James Olmos?
2. Name the last Category 5 hurricane to hit the continental United States. HINT: This is trivia about South Florida.
3. In what 1980s film set in Miami did a character proclaim, "You gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. When you get the power, then you get the women?"
4. What language does the name Miami come from?
Join us Thursday, August 1, at 6:30 p.m. at Lester's, 2519 NW 2nd Avenue in Miami. Teams of six or less are allowed. Prizes include tickets to HistoryMiami.
NOTE: It's first-come, first-serve. We have a maximum capacity of 70 people.
1. Miami Vice
2. Hurricane Andrew
4. Mayaimi (a lake - now Lake Okeechobee) means "very large." It was a Native American term, although it is unclear from which tribe.