Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
The Florida Roundup
Fri May 24, 2013
No Super Bowl For You!
On The Florida Roundup today at noon:
The Florida Legislature balked on proposed renovations to Miami Dolphins stadium. A public referendum (already in progress) on the renovations was called off. And to make matters worse, the NFL denied South Florida a Super Bowl.
This week’s tragedy in Oklahoma hit home, a reminder that few places are safe from natural disasters, whether they be hurricanes or tornadoes. National Cat Fund anyone?
And locally, it’s Urban Beach Weekend at Miami Beach. For some, it's time to party. For others, it's time to get out of town.
Sun Life Stadium