Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
The Florida Roundup
Fri May 24, 2013
No Super Bowl For You!
On The Florida Roundup today at noon:
The Florida Legislature balked on proposed renovations to Miami Dolphins stadium. A public referendum (already in progress) on the renovations was called off. And to make matters worse, the NFL denied South Florida a Super Bowl.
This week’s tragedy in Oklahoma hit home, a reminder that few places are safe from natural disasters, whether they be hurricanes or tornadoes. National Cat Fund anyone?
And locally, it’s Urban Beach Weekend at Miami Beach. For some, it's time to party. For others, it's time to get out of town.
Sun Life Stadium