Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
Mon November 12, 2012
Jeb Bush's Guy And Jeb Bush's Policies Are Voted Down In Indiana and Idaho
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush suffered long-distance electoral defeats in Indiana and Idaho on Tuesday.
In Indiana, the state's top education official -- a Bush ally and top lieutenant in his education foundation -- was defeated by a Democratic challenger. And, in Idaho, voters repealed three controversial education laws that bore the Bush seal of approval.
John O'Connor at StateImpact Florida says the timing raises a possibility:
The question now is whether Bennett will throw his name in for Florida’s vacant Commissioner of Education post?
O'Connor discussed the outcomes in Indiana and Idaho with WUSF Morning Edition host Carson Cooper.