Most Active Stories
- Why Doesn't The Sunshine State Use More Solar Energy?
- Free Rides In 95 Express Lanes Coming To An End For Hybrid Drivers
- How Panama Cut Poor Kids Out Of A Florida Millionaire's Will
- Despite Pioneering Integration, Jumbo's Did Not Survive
- Sholom & Mohamed: Brothers In Spite Of Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
Fri March 28, 2014
It’s That Time Again: Thousands Of Critical Mass Cyclists Take To The Streets
If you're driving through the center of Miami tonight, you need to take a close look at the map below.
Cyclists in both Miami and Fort Lauderdale will be riding over 10 miles through their cities as part of a group bike ride called Critical Mass, an event that takes place in cities all over the world on the last Friday of the month.
The Miami Critical Mass usually draws a couple thousand cyclists and can back up traffic along the 12.5 mile route that begins and ends at Government Center in downtown. In addition, the Ultra Music Festival kicks off at Bayfront Park today so the traffic situation could get dicey.
Cyclists joining in Fort Lauderdale's Critical Mass need to be at the War Memorial Auditorium at 7 p.m., the ride ends at C&I Studios. Miami cyclists start gathering downtown around 6:30 p.m., the official start time for the ride is 7:15 p.m.
Around the Nation
Bikes As Art