Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Under the Sun
Thu February 25, 2010
Interview With Barbara Ann Martin Of Que Pasa, U.S.A.?
Barbara Ann Martin played Sharon, Carmencita’s friend, on the TV show Que Pasa, U.S.A.? More than thirty years later, she is still recognized by fans of the show in Miami and around the country. She finds this a little unsettling, but is happy to still make so many people laugh.
Since Que Pasa, U.S.A.?, Martin has worked mostly in communications, broadcast and film production. She lives in Miami.
Under the Sun associate producer Trina Sargalski met up with Martin at Havana Miami Restaurant. Listen on the player above as Martin talks about being cast as Sharon in high school, working with the “magical cast,” her mixed feelings on being the “token gringa,” and why she thinks viewers in Miami, Japan, and Colombia love the show.
You can view episodes of Que Pasa, U.S.A.? online at Generation-n.com.