Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
The Florida Roundup
Fri January 4, 2013
How The Fiscal Cliff Deal Will Impact South Florida And Broward vs. Lauderdale
On the Florida Roundup: 2013 begins with the fiscal cliff averted, despite U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s vote against the agreement. We find out whether Florida's fragile economy can "hang on" when many decisions have been kicked down the road.
Plus we discuss what to expect in year three of the Scott Administration in Tallahassee and the impact of a recent change by the Obama administration to allow undocumented immigrants to gain permanent residency if they have family in the U.S.
Host Phil Latzman speaks journalists, Patricia Mazzei of the Miami Herald, Chuck Strouse of the Miami New Times and New Times Broward-Palm Beach, and Mc Nelly Torres of the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting.
Public Insight Network
Broward County History