Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Aired 4/10/13 on WLRN Channel 17
Wed April 10, 2013
Head Northwest to the Future!
The Space Needle. Monorail. Bubbleator. Science Center. The 21st Century created icons and scientists, and brought Elvis and John Glenn, Joan Baez and Roy Rogers to the Northwest. In 1962, Seattle invented a future that included a tech-savvy portal to the Pacific Rim.
Through historical photographs and motion pictures, "The 1962 World's Fair: When Seattle Invented the Future" brings to life the textures and sounds of Seattle in the late 50s and early 60s. In interviews, Seattle's business, civic and cultural leaders and longtime residents tell of the excitement and ambition the Fair ignited.
"1962's World Fair: When Seattle Invented the Future" tonight at 7pm on WLRN Channel 17!