Most Active Stories
- "Closed" Signs Don't Stop South Florida Drivers From Using 95 Express
- Broward Shudders As Giant African Snails Cross Border From Miami-Dade
- Could Your Sunscreen Be Harming Ocean Life?
- Key West Official Worried About Camera Drones During Fantasy Fest
- Can Juan Valdez – And Colombia's Mighty Coffee Corps – Challenge Starbucks?
Fri June 6, 2014
Florida Roundup: Will You Take UberX, Lyft Or A Taxi?
This week on the Florida Roundup:
The trial over how Florida re-drew its congressional districts wraps up. Was it a secret plan to carve out political competition or nothing more than innuendo? And will it be resolved before the November election? While we wait for the ruling, play our ethics in politics quiz: Are You Tallanasty?
Lyft and UberX are operating in Miami despite picking up passengers and fines. We also talk about immigration to Pulitzer-prize winning writer and director of the film Documented, which is premiering at O Cinema. And while South Floridians are filling in their Panini sticker books before next week, Brazilians may not be as enthusiastic about hosting the World Cup.
Join the conversation on these topics at noon Friday, June 6, on WLRN 91.3 FM.
Host Tom Hudson speaks with Jose Antonio Vargas of the film Documented, Lauren Pastrana of CBS Miami, Mary Ellen Klaus and Glenn Garvin of the Miami Herald, Gary Fineout of the Associated Press, Rosemary Goudreau of the Sun Sentinel, as well as Tim Padgett and Kenny Malone of WLRN-Miami Herald News.