Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
The Florida Roundup
Fri September 27, 2013
The Florida Roundup: Obamacare, Common Core And Capriles
Florida led the fight against Obamacare, but open enrollment for new health insurance exchanges begins next week in Florida.
But with the federal government running the exchanges, have Florida leaders divorced themselves from the national health plan?
Moreover, Governor Rick Scott wants to end the state's involvement in developing national education testing standards also known as Common Core.
And Venezuelan opposition leader Henrique Capriles drums up support in South Florida.
Join host Tom Hudson for an all-WLRN staff show, including Gina Jordan, Tim Padgett, Sammy Mack, Christine DiMattei and Arianna Prothero at noon on 91.3 FM.