Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- Why It's Time For A Reality Check On Normalizing Relations With Cuba
- How To Deal With Florida's Growing Panther Population
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
Tue April 22, 2014
Environmentalists Speak At Bill Nelson's Miami Beach Sea-Level Rise Hearing
Miami Beach City Hall was at capacity this Earth Day when Sen. Bill Nelson held a field hearing on sea-level rise.
The hearing attracted environmentalists from across South Florida and the country.
The witnesses who spoke on account of sea-level rise included government officials Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine and Broward County Commissioner Kristin Jacobs.
The other witnesses were scientists Piers Sellers and Fred Bloetscher, CEO of the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau William Talbert, and Dr. Megan Linkin from the Swiss Re reinsurance company.
The purpose of the hearing was for Sen. Nelson to take something back to Washington and try to prompt legislative action.
Hear the full story below.
National Water Dance Project
The Florida Roundup