Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Airs On WLRN CH 17 Fri., June 13. Starting @ 7pm
Thu June 12, 2014
Enjoy Life! Music and Health – Friday Night On WLRN-TV!
Starting at 7 p.m. on Friday, June 13, tune in for a nostalgic look back at 1950s pop music with Magic Moments, then eat right to get healthy with Joy Bauer. Make great television possible in our community by supporting WLRN and the programs you love!
Magic Moments: Best of 50’s Pop (7:00 p.m.)
Enjoy a nostalgic evening with WLRN. This two-hour program's mix of live performance and archival footage will bring viewers back to the 1950s pop days with The Singing Rage - Patti Page, classic moments from Perry Como, Debbie Reynolds, The McGuire Sisters and more. Phyllis McGuire, Pat Boone and Nick Clooney host this nostalgic warm trip back to the 1950s.
Joy Bauer’s Food Remedies (9:00 p.m.)
Nutritionist Joy Bauer offers advice for achieving better health. Among the food remedies shared: pistachios lower cholesterol; kale enhances brain power; ginger and turmeric help alleviate arthritis pain; strawberries and spinach help fight off wrinkles and promote a radiant complexion; pumpkin helps lower blood pressure; and black beans increase energy and help manage type 2 diabetes.