Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- The Debate Over Richmond Pine Rockland
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
- It's all clear on Foyle's War. Or is it? Watch at it's new time 9 pm on WLRN-TV.
Wed June 18, 2014
DJ Le Spam Tries To "Preserve The Art Of Analog"
Andrew Yeomanson, also known as DJ Le Spam of the Spam Allstars, is looking to preserve the art of analog recording at his studio in North Miami. At City of Progress Studios, Yeomanson not only records bands on vintage equipment -- like Hammond B-3 organs and MCI tape machines -- but transfers digitizes all the audio.
His project earned him a spot as a finalist for this year's Knight Arts Challenge.
Hear the full story below, and visit the Spam Allstars site for info on Yeomanson’s City of Progress Studios.
Married With Music