Most Active Stories
- Black While Policing: A Miami Officer Shares His Experience
- South Florida Author Examines Miami Race Relations And The "Yiddish N-Word"
- The Debate Over Richmond Pine Rockland
- The Sunshine Economy: Magic And Mike (Fernandez)
- It's all clear on Foyle's War. Or is it? Watch at it's new time 9 pm on WLRN-TV.
Tue April 8, 2014
Churchill's Pub Owner Closes Sale And Local Punks Speculate
Dave Daniels has lived on-site at his Churchill's Pub in Little Haiti since it opened in 1979. This Monday, his colleague Mr. C announced Daniels finalized a deal to sell what I call Miami's local CBGB.
Last time I interviewed Dave Daniels, he made comments about his pub's kitchen renovations and the pleasantness of a young woman's company, and in between he talked about the local bands his stage helped bolster and the local journalists whose write-ups had done them justice.
I imagine those journalists, those bands, and anyone like me who smoked and drank too much too soon some night at Churchill's, is sad today.
WLRN contributor Rob Goyanes shared the closest thing to an official announcement by Churchill's this morning. The buyer's identity hasn't been disclosed, nor have plans for the bar's future.
Where will Dave live after this sale? Will the pub still hold the International Noise Conference? Are you already worried about Churchill's?
Electronic Dance Music
Snow In Miami