Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Tue March 11, 2014
BritWeek Is Actually A Thing In Miami, And Here's Why We Have It
British roots date back to the 1700s in Florida, when Spain traded the state to Britain for control of Havana. Now there are English business associations here, car clubs and David Beckham. The second annual BritWeek kicks off with a series of events highlighting British business and cultural ties in Florida.
WLRN's Bernard Hacker explains what goes on during Brit Week:
Read the full story at MiamiHerald.com.
The Sunshine Economy