Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
Rising Tide: A Story of Miami Artists
Miami is in the middle of a cultural explosion. Filmed during the lead up to Art Basel Miami Beach in 2011, Rising Tide is a story about the visual artists who live and work in this emerging art city. Featuring Jen Stark, the TM Sisters, Venessa Monokian, Funner Projects, Brookhart Jonquil and gallery owner Brook Dorsch, this documentary takes you inside the working worlds of these unique creative talents and serves as the perfect introduction to the history and trajectory of Miami's creative development.
Produced, Directed and Edited by Andrew Hevia, Rising Tide is a production of WLRN-TV, and was funded in part by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.