Most Active Stories
- Opting Out Of Testing Would Come At A Cost For Florida School Districts
- Inside The Oldest Store In The Everglades And Why It Depends On One Road
- Saving El Salvador: Why The Vatican Needs To Make Archbishop Romero A Saint
- Why SkyRise Miami Depends On Voters And Visitors' Pockets
- Why Zoo Miami Kept Donors Of Millions Secret
Many corporations match their employees' charitable contributions. If yours is among them, you can easily increase the impact of your gift in some cases, by 100% or even more!
But it's up to you. We can't initiate the matching process. As easy as 1-2-3
- Contact your employee benefits office and request a matching gift form.
- Complete the employee section of the form and send it to us.
- Sit back and watch your support grow!
Frequently asked questions
What is a matching gift?
Many companies set aside special funds each year to match contributions their employees make to qualified nonprofit organizations. The amount of the match is a matter of company policy, but it varies from 50 cents for each dollar, up to $2 and even $3 in some cases. It might also vary from year to year.
Must I be a full-time active employee to have my contribution matched?
Not necessarily. Most organizations match part-time employees and retirees. Many also match spouses, annuitants, and directors. Some companies even give matching dollars for volunteer hours their employees give to qualified organizations.
Are there any restrictions on how much I contribute in order to be matched?
Most companies have a minimum contribution they will match usually around $25 and a maximum annual amount, anywhere from $1000 to $10,000.
Is there a time limit on eligibility?
Companies do require that we complete and return the form within a set time period, usually 90 days. We recommend that you submit the form at the same time you make your contribution, or as soon thereafter as possible.
How long does it take for the gift to be matched?
The process varies from one company to another. Some companies issue their matching payments only once or twice a year, so it may take as much as a year for your gift to be matched.
Individual memberships are the driving force behind WLRN’s success. For over 55 years individual donations from our loyal members have strengthen and helped WLRN grow and succeed.