Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Fact-Checkers Agree: Florida's Medical Marijuana Amendment Is Way Too Lenient
- After The KKK: The Future -- And History -- Of Jacksonville's Forrest High
- Believed To Be The Nation’s Oldest Cop, 86-Year-Old’s Fists Remain ‘Weapons Of Mass Destruction’
- Beyond Basel: The Art Market in South Florida
- How South Florida Jews Shaped The State's Food History
Brazilian investors buy Miami real estate. Haitian earthquake survivors attend South Florida schools. It's clear what happens in Latin America and the Caribbean has a profound effect on South Florida.
WLRN’s coverage of the region is headed by Americas editor Tim Padgett, a 23-year veteran of TIME and Newsweek magazines.
He joins a team of reporters and editors at the Miami Herald, El Nuevo Herald and NPR to cover a region whose cultural wealth, environmental complexity, vast agricultural output and massive oil reserves offer no shortage of important and fascinating stories to tell.