Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "Closed" Signs Don't Stop South Florida Drivers From Using 95 Express
- Broward Shudders As Giant African Snails Cross Border From Miami-Dade
- Could Your Sunscreen Be Harming Ocean Life?
- A Miami Police Officer Who Killed Unarmed Man Gets His Job Back
- Key West Official Worried About Camera Drones During Fantasy Fest
Brazilian investors buy Miami real estate. Haitian earthquake survivors attend South Florida schools. It's clear what happens in Latin America and the Caribbean has a profound effect on South Florida.
WLRN’s coverage of the region is headed by Americas editor Tim Padgett, a 23-year veteran of TIME and Newsweek magazines.
He joins a team of reporters and editors at the Miami Herald, El Nuevo Herald and NPR to cover a region whose cultural wealth, environmental complexity, vast agricultural output and massive oil reserves offer no shortage of important and fascinating stories to tell.
Tim Padgett produces the weekly Latin America Report, made possible by Espírito Santo Bank.