Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Lane-Diving and Narrow Shoulders Major Safety Concerns For 95 Express Lanes
- South Florida's Graffiti Problem In The '90s Had An Emblem: "Crook Crome"
- Film Revives Memories Of Kutsher’s And New York’s Bygone "Borscht Belt"
- The Sunshine Economy: The Hotel Industry In South Florida
- How A Tourist Murder Shaped Juvenile Sentencing In Florida
Brazilian investors buy Miami real estate. Haitian earthquake survivors attend South Florida schools. It's clear what happens in Latin America and the Caribbean has a profound effect on South Florida.
WLRN’s coverage of the region is headed by Americas editor Tim Padgett, a 23-year veteran of TIME and Newsweek magazines.
He joins a team of reporters and editors at the Miami Herald, El Nuevo Herald and NPR to cover a region whose cultural wealth, environmental complexity, vast agricultural output and massive oil reserves offer no shortage of important and fascinating stories to tell.
Tim Padgett produces the weekly Latin America Report, made possible by Espírito Santo Bank.