Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Summit Summary: U.S.-Cuba Sitdown Drowns Out Venezuelan Meltdown
- Flying From Key West To Cuba And Back
- Florida Cabinet Approves Land Sale For Nation's Biggest Mall
- How Big Energy Wields Its Power Over Solar In Florida
- Florida Keys Hope To Add New Weapon In War Against Mosquitoes: Genetic Modification
Brazilian investors buy Miami real estate. Haitian earthquake survivors attend South Florida schools. It's clear what happens in Latin America and the Caribbean has a profound effect on South Florida.
WLRN’s coverage of the region is headed by Americas editor Tim Padgett, a 23-year veteran of TIME and Newsweek magazines.
He joins a team of reporters and editors at the Miami Herald, El Nuevo Herald and NPR to cover a region whose cultural wealth, environmental complexity, vast agricultural output and massive oil reserves offer no shortage of important and fascinating stories to tell.
Tim Padgett produces the weekly Latin America Report, made possible by Espírito Santo Bank.